Friday 14 August 2009

The triple fortnight, or trifflenight if you will...

So...

I enjoy looking back over the last few blogs every time I go back to do a new one. It's like reading a diary, except it's a diary where every day is like a triple fortnight (6 weeks) and it's also like that movie Momento, where I have amnesia and can't remember stuff and then tattoo things on my body. Also, I live my life out of sequence... Yes I did somehow just compare my life and blogging habbits to the movie memento. Just be glad I didn't compare it to the Dark Knight. Because I can.

Where am I? Yes, that's right... I joined the gym! Like a triple fortnight ago, and so that should mean I'm totally buff right? Wrong. Because then I hurt my back and couldn't bend much, not that gym and bending go hand-in-hand per say, but apparently for me it does. So no, not super buff, and i can't even say it was some awesome sort of gymtastic menouvre that pulled it out of whack... rather I just woke up with it. Like some sort of old person. But it's all better now! I went to an osteopath and he made me strip to my boxers and then jumped on me a bunch of times until my spine literally crunched like it was eating a granolla bar. True story. Then i had to go back 3 more times. Also, he said my spine is now behaving itself. It takes instruction well. There's something for the CV - spine takes instruction well... Also i apparently have a larger than average 'middle third' so I'd be a kickass highjumper and I'm now growing a beard...

I also bought shiny white Puma trainers that are were designed by Ferarri. What a sportscar manufacturer knows about people's feet i'm not sure. But what i do know is that i make car sounds when i wear them. This is turning into a list of stuff i bought... a new spine, a beard, ferarri shoes... And an Iphone.

Yes i succumbed. No, i'm not writing this via Iphone. I have chunky digits. It's like magic. Who would have thought you could put so much stuff into something so small. There's even an application that plays a frequency only teenagers can hear, and they hate it. It's a mini torture device for little brothers. Fantastic. And it plays monkey island, and i have a UK tax calculator, and topographical map of venus. When the robots rise up. And they will. The Iphone shall lead them. And I will probably be on their side.... Is that wrong?

What else? i'm busy working too much. The DEAD MUST DIE is coming along very nicely, I finished a first cut today, all the effects shots are done, and now it's full steam ahead with sound and music, so wahey! Working on the next film already with the awesome writer Dan Abnett, which promises to be phenomenal and will reallly push my 5D mark ii!

Avatar day is coming up next friday where they will show the 20 minute teaser reel from Comic Con to the public in Imax theatres worldwide for free. Go along and support my bro's film!

Currently listening to Florence + the machine ;D


Will be back in under a double fortnight.

No comments: